Friday, December 3, 2010

Pie Day with the Master!

Here is the Master Pie Maker in action. My Grandma Mary is the one I try to be like when I make my pies. She would make like 8 pies a day or something for the farm hands growing up, with a wood stove I might add. She makes it look easy, even with arthritic hands. She is amazing and I am so glad she came for Thanksgiving and gave us all a lesson in Pie Making. Love you Grandma Mary!
Here Mary and I are posing will making pies, fun silly Pie Day.

Two of the Best cooks I know, Amazing Mother/Daughter team!

Kristie and Mary really got a lesson on the tricks to good pie crust. Don't work the dough too much.

Making the Pumpkin Pie filling.

Kristie showing us her beautiful berry pie, it looked professional! Isn't it Pretty!

Mary working her pie, yes that is flour on her nose.

Thanksgiving day, banana cream, berry and of course pumpkin, oh and Grandma Mary even made a minced meat pie for Andy. I never have even seen one before, I never tried it, too chicken. But Andy sure liked it. Hope all had a Happy Thanksgiving, sending much love to the sisters wish you could of been there!

This is what the kids did while we made pies, they danced their little bums off to Christmas music.


4 comments:

Hilary Jorgensen said...

now i need to have you teach me. i am THE WORST pie maker ever.

Pence Planet said...

What a good day that was!!!! Those dancing kids of ours are sure cute. Love it.

The Minert's said...

That looks like a wonderful time! I love Layla shakin her booty, it seemed that Easton liked it too...so cute I can't wait to squeeze those little kiddos soon :) See you all very soon! xo

J & J said...

Evan loves the dancing cousins and had to join with them after the sixth time watching this. Soooo adorable! Especially miss those little ones....xoxo