Sunday, March 28, 2010

New Additions to the Family

Just Kidding! These are the coolest dogs though! I am not a real dog person but we rescued these dogs in front of our house running along the road. Adam and I caught them and put them in our yard, where they hung out all morning and afternoon. They are Basset hound mates, slow moving laid back dogs, love them. When their owner came to pick them up that afternoon we asked how much for a puppy and she said they go for about $900, YIKES! Cool dogs though. Here are the real additions to our family. Introducing the Chicks!
That is George(hopefully he is a rooster) the big one standing on top of the feeder. We started out with 10, but unfortunately we have only 7. We had an incident with Ford and him thinking they were biting him, he thought he would show them, so he got a stick and poked some of them. It was a traumatic learning experience for our little boy. He now knows he has to be soft and gentle with the little chicks. We buried the little chicks and the kids feel better knowing they went to heaven.

Easton loves the chicks too.


Ford was excited about having chicks, too bad he had to get the stick out.

Izabel really loves the chicks she checks on them everyday and she was the one who picked them out of the big barrel of chicks at D&B. She is also naming them, so far George, Lee Lee and one that went to heaven was Vadilee. So fun, learning experience too!


















4 comments:

Jay Amy and Tesla said...

You all will love having them!! I hope you got a rooster too! Poor little chicks that got off-ed with a stick. I will have to hear that story in person! We love you guys!

Michelle Hepworth said...

Haha! That is so cute and funny! Ford is so stinking cute! Izabel's crack too! Your day is filled with so much laughter from them 2 kids!

Russ and Julie said...

Yay!!.....I love that you rescued the dogs! We got two little chicks a while ago and they are so much fun. We have 3 adult chickens and we 8 eggs in the last 2 days! It is so much fun. I'm undecided if Ford can play with our chickens though! :) Miss you guys.

J & J said...

Jealous! Sam has been so excited about a fake "dinosaur egg" that we have been watching hatch for the past few days. Everything revolved around getting back to see if the egg had cracked yet. I think that we are ready for the real thing. Can't wait to meet them this summer....miss you!