Friday, October 29, 2010

Random Catch Up Photos!

Recent picture of the boys playing in the backyard. They are good friends when Ford isn't pestering Easton!


It was a bountiful harvest this year! I learned so much about canning and making jam, tons a fun and a lot of work. Everything so far tastes delicious.


We found out this year we have a plum tree, and that little stick of a tree produced a ton of plums! So I made a ton of plum jam! And the kids ate a lot of plums, the chickens did too!

I had 9 cucumber plants and so I also figured out how to make crisp dill pickles. Don't they look pretty.

I had zucchini coming out my eyeballs! I really loved the yellow zucchini.



I had a total of 12 tomatoes plants, I have figured out I love the Roma's for canning and salsa. Each new year is an experiment and learning experience, I love it the whole cycle of working the soil, planting the seed, watching it grow, pulling the weeds, watering, picking(kids love it too), harvest, canning/preserving, and then eating and then thinking of what to do next year. Love it!


My row of tomato plants and potatoes beside them.

Can you tell where I took this photo? The kids and I went to the lake with dad the other day and took the family heirloom, the big yella bus. It was fun and of course the kids thought is was fun.


Easton enjoying the ride too.

This is the bodacious corn I planted this year, it was really tasty and then I sold the corn stalks along side the road for decoration and I made an extra $75! It was fun, I love selling things from the roadside!


Can't wait to see all the Halloween festivities, Hope you all are having a great Harvest season!


1 comment:

Kristen D. said...

I love everything about this post and it made me want a house JUST so I could have a garden. Skills-you got skills.